What is it?
Oil pulling, also known as oil gargling or oil swishing is a cleansing and healing technique originating in ancient Ayervedic medicine which has its origins in India.
Dr. Deepak Chopra, in his book "Perfect Health", promotes the practice and explains it is used to "purify the taste-buds and the entire system".
According to Ayerveda, different areas of the tongue correspond to different organs of the body - that is, one section is connected to the kidneys, one to the lungs, one to the spleen and the same for the liver, heart, pancreas, small intestines, stomach, colon and spine.
You could think of this process of pulling oil through your teeth and swishing it around all the surfaces of your mouth as giving your internal organs a massage.
Although it is a simple technique to perform, it has very powerful body cleansing and healing effects.
Oil pulling is one of the most affordable, safest and easiest things to do to help detoxify the body and heal many systemic diseases. It heals chronic infection and acute inflammation.
When you start the first thing you'll notice is whiter teeth, improved oral health, lessened tooth pain
It is known to heal:
- allergies, asthma
- colds, bronchitis, sore throat, chronic sinusitis
- dental caries, gum disease, tooth pain, oral ulcers
- skin infections, acne, rashes, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, ringworm
- Headaches, thrombosis, ulcers and diseases of the stomach, intestines, heart, blood, kidney, liver, lungs, women’s diseases will improve.
- Diseases of the nerves, paralysis and encephalitis.
- Prevents growth of malignant tumors, cuts and heals them.
- Chronic sleeplessness will be alleviated
- Stiff joints
- High Blood Sugar
- Cracked Heels
FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON
How to Perform Oil Pulling Safely, click here.
Why Body Cleanse
Coconut Oil Benefits
Return to Guide to Body Cleansing to Home Page from Oil Pulling